The company was formed in 1803 in Bermondsey and moved to Chesterfield in 1902.
In recent times there were four divisions and in about 1997 these were sold:
The Valve Division. This made large valves for the gas industry including blast furnace gas valves. This was bought by AVK, a Danish Company, and they have a factory Bryan Donkin Valves Ltd in the Chesterfield area.
The Foundry Division became Bryan Donkin Foundry Ltd and moved from Chesterfield to Renishaw, near Sheffield. The company is now dissolved.